Has your rental application been declined?
You can obtain a copy of your SafeRent Solutions Consumer File.
Here’s how to get started – Requesting a copy of your SafeRent Solutions Consumer File
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you are entitled to receive one free copy of your consumer file in any twelve-month period from a credit reporting agency (CRA). You are also entitled to a free copy of your consumer file if you meet the following criteria:
You have been notified of an adverse action or been denied housing or employment based on information in your consumer file within the past 60 days:
- You reside in a state where you are entitled to more than one free copy in any twelve month period
- You suspect that your file may contain fraudulent information, or you are a victim of identity theft
- You are unemployed or you currently receive public assistance
You may obtain a copy of your SafeRent Solutions consumer file in one of three ways:
- Call our toll-free number 1(888) 333-2413
- Download and complete this form and please provide the following forms of identification:
- Photocopy of your driver’s license, non driver’s license OR state, federal or military government-issued photo ID.
- Social Security Card or ITIN
- A copy of a utility bill with your current mailing address
- Email is the preferred method. Please send your completed from, along with the required identification request to [email protected]
- Disclosure of your SafeRent Solutions Confidential Consumer file will be provided within 3 business days from the receipt of your email.
- If you prefer to mail your documents, you can send to:
SafeRent Solutions Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 3890
Coppell, TX 75019
OBTAINING YOUR CREDIT FILE
Your credit bureau file is not maintained by SafeRent Solutions. To obtain a copy of your credit bureau report, or for information regarding your credit file, including trade-line accounts such as credit cards, utility bills and bankruptcy information, please contact the national credit reporting agencies (CRAs) listed below.
If a copy of your credit report was obtained through SafeRent Solutions in conjunction with your application for housing or employment, we will provide you with a copy of the report that was obtained.
To dispute information contained in your Experian, Equifax or TransUnion credit reports, please contact the credit bureau(s) directly. In accordance with the FCRA, if your credit file was obtained through SafeRent Solutions, you may forward dispute requests to the SafeRent Solutions Consumer Relations Department, which will in turn be forwarded to the appropriate credit bureau(s) for dispute. Please do not submit credit bureau disputes to SafeRent Solutions which have already been initiated through the credit bureau(s). We cannot assist you with a credit dispute if we did not access your credit file on behalf of our clients.
To receive your credit file from a national CRA, you may do the following:
- Request a copy through the CRA’s automated system via the toll free phone numbers below.
- Submit your request in writing to the CRA via the addresses below. Prior to submitting your request, contact the CRA via the toll free phone numbers below to obtain specific information that you should include with your written request.
- Request a copy through the CRA’s web site.
- Request a copy through www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 1(877) 322-8228.
CRA Contact Information
Experian National Consumer Assistance Center
PMB 2104 – Allen, Texas 75013-2104
Telephone: 1(888) 397-3742
Equifax Information Service Center
P.O. Box 740241 – Atlanta, Georgia 30374-0241
Telephone: 1(800) 685-1111
P.O. Box 2000 – Chester, Pennsylvania 19022- 2000
Telephone: 1(800) 888-4213